Friday, December 31

Dead Beautiful

by Yvonne Woon

What is the luck to pick three books in a row that really can't be considered to have happy endings.  There were signs that warned me as to how it would end, I guess I just kept hoping for the impossible.  I liked the characters and the world that was created.  It was fun to think of zombies in connection with this book.  The author did such a tremendous job reinventing them that the term doesn't apply.  In the end I don't like the hopeless feeling I was left with.  I try to ease it with the idea that it wasn't all pointless each day of life comes with moments that have lasting importance.  Basically, treasure the moments you have, really live them since you don't know how it will end.  There are no guaranteed happy endings no matter how much we hope for it.

Three Stars