Saturday, January 29

Beautiful Darkness: Book Review

by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


Moment Divine:  ". . . the little meter measuring Link's strength and his chances of hooking up at the same time.  It passed a real wuss and whimpy and headed toward the bell at the top a real stud but it didn't quite make it stopping about halfway at chicken little."

What a spectacular break up, I don't know exactly how long it took to complete.  I listened to the audio, which by the way was great.  My favorite voice was that of Link, who as well is my favorite character.  He just says and does the funniest things.  Anyway, having listened to the audio version I am not sure the page count but it sure felt like near half the book before Ethan clues into what is going on.  That guy has some strong denial issues.  I liked the second book more than the first but only marginally.  Since it seems that my favorite character will play a large part in the next book it will find its way on my reading list.  One thing I will say that I loved about this series is the bountiful detail of the south and all the crazy sweet side characters that spice up and odd story.