Monday, January 3

Personal Demons

by Lisa Descrochers

Unfinished

I picked this book up because it was popping up all over the place with good reviews.  Shocked is what I am, how could that happen.  I suspect it has more to do with my recent dislike of hearing almost the same thing in all the books I have read.  They are all integrating far too much lust thoughts and moments.  Okay, so some does add spice and help orient us as to the looks of the other characters.  Please you are going overboard, leave room for the imagination.  If this book wasn't going into depths of the lust kind it was chock full of swearing and then to top off the list of cringe was the cheesy.  Please, Hades High, Lucifer, Mary Francis, locker 666, gag me with a spoon.  I was starting to think there is no story outside of those three elements.  I couldn't even hold out for the entry of the opposing guy to much torture.  Plus, I have to agree with people about the whole spice thing.  I hope to never hear of spices being used in such a manner again.  Although, that does put me in mind of a great book that used spices in such a way to entice not repulse the reader.  Try Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen, in all ways a much better read.