Friday, February 18

Angel Burn: Book Review

by L. A. Weatherly

Publication Date: May 24th 2011


Why did I pick this book?
The covers was so stunning I picked it up blindly.

First Chapter: Wow, I love the characters already.  Sign me up for more.
Prediction based upon first chapter: (4)

Main Players: Willow Fields and Alex James Kylar
Place: Colorado, New York, New Mexico, Tennessee, and Oklahoma

Early Impressions:
I am loving this book.  Seriously, this has some major potential.  I can't wait to see how it works out.

Moment Divine: "Stop it - it's not your fault the Church of Angels is full of whack-jobs."

This book was fantastic.  A must read!  The characters really grabbed my attention and emotions right from the start.  I loved how angels were used in this world and thought it was a very compelling idea. This was much easier to accept than many of the other current angel theories.  
There were times during the story that I did find myself stepping out of the room.  I just felt that the author had made her point and was staying stuck in a place far too long.  It started to draw away from the beauty of the moment instead of add to it.  There were also times I felt that there really wasn't enough drive occurring. This could just be a result of some of the recent books I have read that have been jam packed with terror and action.
The emotion in this book was fabulous.  As a romance addict, I was in heaven following the sideline romance as the story progressed.  This is the sort of connection that kept me reading even when I was started to wander a bit.  I also liked how unique the blend in each character was.  They each fit a mold but had something that just pushed them out.  A guy who didn't understand anything about cars and a girl who was all over that.  It was fun to watch their relationship deepen and grow.
I feel as if this book really held potential for a five star rating.  there just seemed to be some small moments or gaps in the story where my mind detached.  Even so this is definitely a book I would recommend people try out.

Spoiler Section:
Okay, so I have a hard time believing that the two of them could be sequestered up in a cabin for weeks on end without going all the way.  That isn't to say I don't think it is impossible to have controlled teenagers out there.  We are just lead to believe these days that this sort of scenario is nigh impossible.  Don't get me wrong, I was glad nothing like that crept into the book.  I just felt that the author spent too much time here and I really started to expect something horrible to happen.  When that moment came it sure wasn't what I expected.  Surprise is good right?