Wednesday, June 29

Waiting on Wednesday: Bargains and Betrayals


Bargains and Betrayals
by Shannon Delany

Publication Date: August 16th


From Goodreads


Locked away at Pecan Place, Jessie finds her situation to be even more dangerous than she feared. While she struggles to maintain her sanity and discover answers about the group that seems less and less like any legitimate government agency, Pietr fights to keep their relationship alive. But very aware that his mother’s time is running out, Pietr makes a deal he doesn’t dare tell Jessie about. Because the deal Pietr’s made could mean the death of far more than his tenuous relationship with the girl he loves.
I really don't want to read this book.  It just sounds as if things are going to turn out really badly.  That said I have to know what happens.  I adore the characters and really have some high hopes for them.  I just can't bear to leave things as they stand.  Maybe, if I cross my fingers hard enough this will turn out to be great like the other books.