Friday, September 9

Book Blogger Hop: 9/9

Book Blogger HopHosted by Crazy for Books

Many of us primarily read one genre of books, with others sprinkled in. If authors stopped writing that genre, what genre would you start reading? Or would you give up reading completely if you couldn’t read that genre anymore?

I don't think this has ever crossed my mind.  Is it possible for a whole genre to simply cease to exist?  I guess you could spin that into its own dystopian novel.  To answer the question, I would say that I don't read by genre so much as I read what works for me.  It just so happens that the YA genre best fits my personal preferences.  That doesn't mean that I don't already wander outside of it when some great book comes along.  I would read adult romances if I could safely find those that aren't filled with sex scenes.  Then I wouldn't have to deal with cranky spanky teenagers.  I try not to judge the books based on their genre alone.  Not every YA book will be a success for me.  I am far too picky for that.  So I imagine if by some miracle the YA genre disappeared I would just have to search all that much harder to find books I liked to read.  No easy section that will probably hold something of interest for me.