Tuesday, January 3

Wolfsbane: Book Review

by Andrea Cremer

When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer, one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.
I have to vent a bit of frustration.  The ending not my favorite.  In fact, I think it may have turned me off to finishing out this series.  Those last few paragraphs just leave a horrible feeling inside me.  I don't think I can read such a thing coming to pass.  Yuck!  That is not to say that Andrea Cremer won't somehow turn the next book into a fabulous and stunningly awesome read.  But I won't be picking it up until I hear some stellar praise that helps me overcome my wariness.

Other than the ending this book was a great read.  Plenty of action, turmoil, sadness, love, heartbreak, betrayal, growling, and so much more to keep the pages flying by.  

Spoiler Section:
I am so on Shay's team on this one.  Sorry, Ren.  You have a great name and plenty of other stuff.  But love should win out at the end of the day.  Shay and Calla both love each other.  If you had your way it would be one sided and that would be a miserable lie.  Move on heal and find another, sheesh.