Monday, February 6

Book Blogger Confessions: 2/6


The topic is: Deadlines for reviewing and blogging. Do you set them? How do you keep them? What do you do if you can't meet a deadline?

My deadlines are usually influenced by release date if it is an ARC.  If it is from netGalley I go with both release date and time I have the ARC loan. I have to set deadlines for myself or I would likely never get anything done. I even have a list written up with the month they need to be completed. 
When it comes to reviews I can't wait long or I forget too much.  So usually my deadline is right after finishing the book or one book later.  I even set up a draft post for the day I want the review to publish so I won't forget to get it done.
I keep my deadlines by not allowing myself to get overbooked.  So far I have been able to keep all my deadlines.  Hopefully that doesn't change even as full as my reading shelf is now.  I guess I sacrifice reading what I want sometimes to get my commitments done.  I think if I ever get to the point I can't complete my commitments I will have to find someone else to help me out.  Or perhaps do some serious apologizing and take stock of how I want to represent myself.  I don't like the idea of people not being able to take me at my word.  When it comes to interactions through the internet that is all you can rely on, since you can't physically do anything if there is a problem.

Thanks for the topic.