Thursday, February 16

The Fox Inheritance: Book Review

by Mary E. Pearson

Once there were three. Three friends who loved each other—Jenna, Locke, and Kara. And after a terrible accident destroyed their bodies, their three minds were kept alive, spinning in a digital netherworld. Even in that disembodied nightmare, they were still together. At least at first. When Jenna disappeared, Locke and Kara had to go on without her. Decades passed, and then centuries.
Two-hundred-and-sixty years later, they have been released at last. Given new, perfect bodies, Locke and Kara awaken to a world they know nothing about, where everyone they once knew and loved is long dead.
Everyone except Jenna Fox.
An odd book, I really started getting into it and then Locke would start rambling on about this or that and I would start to wander in my mind.  Definitely not as good of a read as the first book.  But it was a disturbing read at several points.  I found myself wanting to shake Locke so many times for his complete block headed.  It is possible that things could have worked out differently but the chances were always slim.  He was just so determined to not see the blatant signs in front of him.  I still can't believe it worked out as well as it did.  I was expecting a really sad ending.