Tuesday, May 15

Bout of Books: Book Confessions

 
Challenge hosted by Nyx Book Reviews

PART ONE: Share your most shocking, embarrassing or funny book related story.
The best story I can think up that fits this question is my tendency to make noises when reading. It isn't as bad as it sounds. Basically when I hit a big moment in a book I make an appropriate sound. Such as laughing at something hilarious, sighing at a particularly beautiful moment, or exclaiming in outrage when something bad happens. To me these outbursts seem appropriate but to the casual observer they seem strange. There I sit completely silent and happily alone and the next moment I am laughing out loud. Their first thought is probably along the lines of this girl is crazy. Guilt or curiosity leads them to ask, "What was so funny?" I am no whiz at description on a good day and do my best to explain. Sadly the explanation is never good enough and I only confirm their original thinking. Come on though, if it took me one hundred pages of character and story development for me to think it was funny how am I going to explain it to you in thirty seconds? Especially when I watch your eyes start to glaze over as I explain. Why ask in the first place if you were only going to give me mere seconds to explain? My hubby is used to my shenanigans and just shakes his head. He is used to my particular brand of crazy and knows better than to ask.


PART TWO:

Physical book or eBook?
Paperback or Hardcover?
Reality or Make-believe?
Adult or Young-Adult?
Dog ears or Bookmarks?
Breaking the spine or Barely open the book? 
I am actually somewhere in between. I love when a book is sufficiently broken in that I can set it down and lays flat. That way I don't need a bookmark. I get a sense that the book understands I am reading it and it wants to show its appreciation of my attention. But when I start reading a book I barely open it. I give it time to open up and trust me.
Tea or Coffee?
Neither. Yuck! 
Reading in bed or On the couch?
 Series or Standalone?
I would normally say series but lately I am getting tired of waiting and being left on a cliff. 
Original or TV Adaptation?
Not really sure what this one means but original sounds good. 
 Defy motion sickness or Audiobooks?
Author crushes or Who-was-that-guy-again?
For the most part I exist in the who-was-that-guy-again state. There are a few exceptions to that rule. Twitter and blogging has bridged the gap a bit. If I really super enjoy a book and all the other books by an author I tend to go snooping and learn a bit about them.
Interview or Guest post?
I tend to have a hard time thinking up questions when I am not face to face with them. So interviewing isn't my thing. I am hoping to work on that but guest posts work much better for me right now.