Tuesday, August 14

Bout of Books: Limerick

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
Mini Challenge hosted by Curiosity Killed the Bookworm


For today's challenge, I'd like you to write me a bookish or bloggish limerick.

Our novels get longa and longa
Their language gets stronga and stronga
There’s much to be said
For a life that is led
In illiterate places like Bonga
H. G. Wells

A limerick is basically a 5 line poem, where lines 1, 2 and 5 rhyme and lines 3 and 4 rhyme, along with other rules that you may wish to break. You can read much more helpful tips on writing your limerick here. The sillier the better!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galley Slave

 








'Efore I were readin' I cooked,
But soon I were findin' me hooked
Me habit were growin' while me cookin' were slowin'
Then, 'efore I were knowin'  me addiction were showin'
And me galley were utterly booked!