Monday, August 27

Pile Denial: 1



Much of this idea comes from inspiration from:
IMM: Hosted by The Story Siren
My Reading Pile: Hosted by [Fikt]shun


Ever heard talk about the stages of grief and recovery?

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

I have never felt those were mutually exclusive stages. Or maybe that is just one more symptom of denial. Regardless I feel this can be applied to my relationship with books. Not grief but these stages and my current TBR pile situation.

I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Net Galley:
Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate
Hey, it has been proven a long time ago that woman can't avoid the apple. I just had to get my hands on this one when I heard it was on Net Galley.

Email:

Library:
Grimalkin the Witch Assassin by Joseph Delaney
Thankfully it was only one book this week. I stayed out of the young adult section but this one was hanging out on the new shelf in juvenile. I am a sucker for this series.

Purchased:

Traded:


Yet there is some hope. I am trying to fight back and recover. Behold my tiny victories over the pile.

Pile Reduction:
Given Away:

Traded:
Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger

Read:
Not Your Average Fairy Tale by Chantele Sedgewick

DNF:

Bans:
No eyes or hands on the library bookshelves
I go to the library at least once every week. I will make the utmost effort to not go into the young adult section. I can't seem to help myself grabbing something that catches my eyes.

Limit number of reviews being accepted
I am trying very hard to be extra picky. That should make a difference in the number, hopefully.

Limit number of books being purchased
Luckily money is needed elsewhere so this shouldn't be hard. I may wish all I want but I will have to wait for now.

Any recovery is slow going. I can only read so fast and here is where things are getting slowed down.

Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
Frost by Wendy Desol
The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
Alchemy by K. J. Wignall

Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books: 44
eBooks: 28

Egads.
I keep wanting to do the math and see just how long it would take me to read this entire pile. But fear of the results has kept me from doing just that. But hey, I don't have a problem. *wink, wink*

How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.