Friday, September 28

Eye Candy: XXXVI

During the week I spot different book covers that catch my eye for one reason or another. I keep track of them all here on my weekly Eye Candy post. Most of the books featured here I have not bothered to read the synopsis for. Just plain old fashioned cover envy or not in some cases. There are the occasional covers that catch the eye but not in I want to read that book more of a oh my goodness what were they thinking.

Sweet:

Between

Kerry Schafer


Ever since the Firelight trilogy ended I have been on the hunt for more dragon books. This one looks like it might fit the bill.

Cast in Peril

Michelle Sagara


Green, magic, stellar background. What is not to love?



After Dark

Emi Gayle


She has a very dramatic model like pose going on. I really want to know what that is all about.


Boundless

Cynthia Hand


Oh my goodness!!! My interest in this story fizzed out after the first book. But this cover has lit a whole new flame for me. I absolutely must read this one. So very beautiful!








Borderline:

Opal

Jennifer L. Armentrout


I guess I don't like her facial expression.


Liar's Moon

Elizabeth C. Bunce


The moon and purple background is stunning. But I am not such a big fan of the girl. I don't think her hair and purple are a great fit.








Sour:

Shadows in the Silence

Courtney Allison Moulton


Perhaps it is because I have too high of expectations for this one. But her pose just looks so fake. More like cover model with the wind machines blowing than a girl who can actually fight for her life. I do feel a little guilty. Other than the fake pose I like the cover.




 






What do you think about the covers?

Like it, love it, or could do without it?