Saturday, September 8

Pile Denial: 3


I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Net Galley:
Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George

Email:

Library:
Street of the Five Moons by Elizabeth Peters









Purchased:
Soulbound by Heather Brewer
Wings of Arian by Devri Walls
Pyxis by K. C. Neal










Defiance by C. J. Redwine
The Dark Light by Sara Walsh
Rivals and Retribution by Shannon Delany








 
Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck











Traded:
A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies
Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep


Yet there is some hope. I am trying to fight back and recover. Behold my tiny victories over the pile.






Pile Reduction:
Given Away:

Traded:

Read:
Eve by Anna Carey
Destined by Aprilynne Pike


DNF:


Any recovery is slow going. I can only read so fast and here is where things are getting slowed down.

Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
Frost by Wendy Desol
Speed of Light by Amber Kizer
Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult 


Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books: 49
eBooks: 29

Progress report: The week didn't turn out so well for me. I might have let last weeks progress get to my head. I picked up a book at the library after some a very strong recommendation. I've been promised some good laughs. There was this one day I stumbled across two Amazon freebies and just couldn't help myself. Lastly, I was wandering down the book aisle at the store and had a moment of weakness. I just can't seem to grasp the idea that prevention is better than restraint. It also didn't help that I got stuck in my reading this week. Getting stuck is worse than a bad read. When I get stuck my attention and desire tends to wander. I find myself doing anything to get out of reading. Not a good place to be when you have a giant pile of books needing to be read. How can I have dug myself into such an enormous hole? Oh why do I keep adding more books this week? 11 inbound 2 outbound = 9 more books in the pile. Hahaha, I have lost my mind this week. Oh my goodness, this is going to set me back so very much. I may have to admit defeat. I may have to enter a rehabilitation program. Someone might need to stage an intervention.

How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.