Saturday, January 5

Pile Denial: 15

I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Library:
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Borrowed:
Prodigy by Marie Lu

Such a great week in my mailbox thanks to Karen over at For What It's Worth. She let me borrow her ARC of Prodigy. And the library finally got their copy of Falling Kingdoms so I can't wait to dig in.

Pile Reduction:
Read:
Across the Universe by Beth Revis 
Destiny and Deception by Shannon Delany
Rivals and Retribution by Shannon Delany 
Prodigy by Marie Lu

Oh my I really felt like reading this week. Mostly because I have had a bad case of lethargic depression and it was nice to escape into the written word. I managed to finally finish reading one whole pile in my closet. Well I did sneak the last book into a different pile. Shush, don't tell. I feel so much more free. Now I just need to get rid of one whole pile.


Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
Bewitching by Alex Flinn
Faithful by Janet Fox

If you can't tell I am dragging my feet reading Bewitching. In fact the only reason this isn't a DNF is because I was reading it with my husband. He just doesn't know when to give up. I really don't like this book.

Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books:45 (a decrease from last week) :)
eBooks: 28 (stable) :|

I think if I get to 40 books waiting to be read I should have some sort of celebration. Maybe a giveaway or a contest. Don't you think I should celebrate my tiny victory over the pile? In case you don't believe I am making progress here is a picture as proof. Not to shabby if you ask me.

How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.