Saturday, January 26

Pile Denial: 16

I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Library:
Reached by Ally Condie

Email:
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

Pile Reduction:
Read:
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes 
Wicked Kiss by Michelle Rowan
REM by Cheryl Abbott
Reached by Ally Condie

Not good. It has been weeks and I have very little to show for it.


Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
Bewitching by Alex Flinn
Justice by Jade Varden


Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books:43 (decreasing) :)
eBooks: 27 (decreasing) :)

So even though it has been a very long time since my last update I haven't really accomplished all that much. But at least I didn't go crazy and add to the pile. Though if I had gone to ALA Midwinter like I wanted to I am sure the case would be different. Or at least by the next Pile Denial post I would be losing ground. But it would be so worth. I am crossing my fingers that at some point in life I get to attend one of these book conferences. I think part of the problem is I haven't felt any real pull to read. More of my time has been spent knitting. Perhaps I just didn't have the right books to tempt me or maybe I just needed a small break. Hopefully very soon I will find a return of my desire to turn some pages.

How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.