Monday, April 15

Book Blogger Confessions: The Evolution of Book Blogs



Question: 
How long do you see yourself blogging for? Do you think it's okay for a blog to evolve over time? For example: You may have started out as a book review blog but now your interest is in cooking as well. Do you incorporate that or start over?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa! Hold your horses there. This is heresy against the Church of Book Blogging. Don't let the Elders hear you say such things. The punishments are terrifying. I heard of this one girl who tried to evolve and they "book stretched" her. *shudders* Think of those old balance scales. Except in this case she was the one tied between them. So as they added more books to each respective side she was slowly tortured by the weight. The screams will forever torture those who witnessed the scene. I hear they have a lot more than just that method at their disposal.

*looks around and checks the coast is clear*

*closes the shutters and stuffs blankets under the door*

Honestly I have never considered switching my book blog to cover a new hobby. I think mine is far to theme oriented to ever make that possible. Plus my "followers" are here for the book stuff right? Not sure they would be hanging around if they showed up one day with detailed pictures of my newest knitting project. They might instead be thinking they have stumbled into a dystopian world where books are forbidden and knitting is the only acceptable form of entertainment. And get this in this messed up world there is this kick but female assassin trying to get rid of those evil knitting enforcees by strangling them with knitted chains. lol. Oh, my goodness I really must have eaten something strange this morning.

I have wanted to evolve the types of post I do about books. Like change the way I review into more like random thoughts. That way no one can get upset they are really not "acceptable" reviews. Have posts that really are more about book fun and such. But that sort of change takes time and effort. Neither of which are easy to summon up some days. Maybe someday.

I have no idea how long I will blog. I did once have a personal blog. Didn't last long. I changed it into a cooking blog. Really didn't last long. So far books is the only thing I can keep up.

I can't really imagine incorporating my other hobbies. Not sure anyone would be interested. Today cooking, tomorrow gardening, the next knitting, crochet, books, spring cleaning, hiking, camping, etc. Wonder if it would be easier to upkeep if it was completely random. There wouldn't be all the pressure. Hmm . . .

Anyway, thanks for the topic.