Saturday, April 6

Pile Denial: 26

I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
NetGalley:
The Collector by Victoria Scott

Pile Reduction:
Read:
Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross 
Dare You To by Katie McGarry 
The Collector by Victoria Scott 
Keeper's Curse by Diana Harrison 


Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
The Taker by Alma Katsu


I went crazy this week. Something snapped in my head and I just had to read myself out of a fix. It was like my Nook was glued to my hand. In fact I think I am suffering from it. The joint connecting my thumb to my hand is sore and hurting. Some sort of excessive Nook reading syndrome. It is not pleasant and switching hands only resulted in both my hands hurting. I can't seem to stop even though I am in pain. But I have finished my review request pile of books. Someone throw me a party. I can't believe it. I am desperately ignoring the five new requests in my email. I really need to read something of my TBR pile before I go crazy from looking at the exact same books on my shelf.

There really is something to be said for reading physical books. I don't think I have ever gotten this exact sort of pain in my hands from over reading. Pain yes but not like this.

On a good note the book I recorded in audio format for my husband has finally stopped collecting dust. He is listening to it right now while he works. And he actually likes it so I may be recording myself reading more books in the future. It is fun since it makes me feel like we get to spend just a little time together even though we are apart during the day.

So apparently Leigh Bardugo is on a tour that will stop in Portland in early June. Um, yes I want to go! I have been wanting to meet her for at least a year and I have been jealous of all those who have gotten the chance. Hopefully, I can finagle a trip out of my husband so I can meet her.

I am totally taking a break from reading this weekend. Girl needs some space so you books can just back off with your accusatory glares. But come next week I will give The Taker a try but I have a very strong feeling that I won't be finishing it. Wonder if I should not even start or if I will be surprised.

Until next week. . .

Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books:45 (stable) :|
eBooks: 24 (decreased) :)



How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.